Sunday, October 16, 2011

 September 21, 2011

Transfer News: I'm staying in Mt. Pleasant again. Wooohoooo, now I won't miss Seth's baptism. All we have to do now is prepare the Mangolds (who have been coming to church!!!) and Dr. Shull to be baptized! And when I say "we" I mean my new companion and I because Sister Dalton is being transfered. Whoever she is, she's been my companion before, I've already served with the other 4 Spanish speaking sisters before.
It's been a good week! Well, actually, it didn't start out all that great. Monday night we had some investigators drop us :( (Which I'm not all that used to working with the Hispanics and they never drop you. They keep letting you come back but never keep any of the commitments and you eventually drop them. But in Mt. Pleasant we are teaching a lot in English...too much. We hardly have any Hispanic investigators and that makes me sad.) But then we both started feeling sick that night. I ended up throwing up all night and all the next day I was in pain!!!!!!!!! That day (Tuesday) was an awful, horrible, terrible, bad, bad, bad day! Something cool that happened was we got a Priesthood blessing in Spanish and before and after the blessing I was in a lot of pain, but during the blessing I could not feel any pain at all! And in spite of the pain I'm actually glad I got sick because the next day I didn't feel sick, I felt amazing and revitalized. I told Sister Dalton I wanted to yell from the rooftops how good I felt. So I'm glad because I had a new appreciation for my health. Like the scripture in 2 Nephi 2:11, "It must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things." Anyways, we are both healthy now, we don't know what it was that made us sick...I guess we'll never know.
We've had some fun lessons with Kamrai and Seth. The funnest being on repentance. We read Alma 24: 10-19 and Helaman 15: 7-10 about the people of Ammon who buried their weapons of war. We made swords out of cardboard and tin foil and we wrote on them things we need to repent of and then we buried our swords in their backyard. :) It was really fun!!!
OH, we made calzones with the Akers and they loved them!
Also, we were sitting in the park last week planning and Lorenzo came walking by and started talking to us. We had an appt to get to so we set up an appt and invited him to church and something amazing happened...He actually came to church. Which I don't know if I've mentioned much about Lorenzo but he's in his 20's from Guatemala. We taught him about 3 months ago but he just really wasn't acting (see above description of Hispanics) so we had to drop him. Also a couple of months ago he was only calling us when he was drunk. Not good. So anyways, this time he seems more serious about it, he told us he wants to be baptized and he actually remembered our appt with him.
Annnnnyways, friends and family,
I love you and until next week,

Hermana Jilyn Hepworth
8515 Douglas Avenue #19
Urbandale, Iowa, 50322

No comments:

Post a Comment