Friday, June 25, 2010

The MTC Rocks!

Querido Mundo [Dear World], So this week is going to be a fun one! Most districts in the MTC teach only once a week in the TRC and their last week is teaching week where all they do is teach, no class. Districts learning a language start teaching in their language 1/2 way through [that's where I am] So missionaries usually have a hard time adjusting to teaching their first week in the language so our teachers are basically experimenting with us this week, we're only having 1 hour of class from each teacher and the rest of the time we're setting up teaching appointments....now I've only taught the first lesson [The Restoration] a handfull of times in English but we figured out that if you taught every moment possible this week we could teach it about 40 times! And we have to....I mean GET to teach it in Spanish. I can only say that I'm glad to know that the Lord is going to help me through it because there's no way I could do it on my own. I already know that I couldn't have learned as much Spanish as I know now without the Lord's help! Another awesome thing that's going on is we get to meet our new mission president tonight! 1/3 of the mission presidents get replaced each Summer and mine is one of them, the Quorum of the 12 Apostles are the ones that train them so they told us that at one time or another all of the Apostles will be here, maybe not all at once but they will. We saw Elder Nelson and his wife walking somewhere yesterday on our way to lunch and so we took a detour and basically stalked him :) So we got to say hi and shake his hand. We're having a special fireside tonight and we don't know who the speaker is but there's a rumor that it's President Monson or Uchtdorf....it's a good thing it's our pday so we can camp out in front of the door and study there, we're probably even going to skip dinner and just get something from the vending machines. We want good seats and there are more missionaries than there are seats so a lot of missionaries have to watch it on a TV in another room. Hmmmm, so I got to go to the outside world these past two days, my knee has been hurting me so I went to a doctor [you probably already know mom, did they call you for the medical info?] So they gave me a giant shot in my knee and I'm going to a physical therapist once a week for the next two weeks. It's good to know that the outside world still exhists though, I was beginning to wonder :) No I love it here, I learn so much and it's been a very humbling experience thus far. I have a feeling I'm going to be even more humbled as time goes on! So I don't think there's anything else....write me letters cause I would love to hear from you!!!! Hermana Jilyn Hepworth

No comments:

Post a Comment