Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dear World

April 11, 2011
I am writing you today from Mt. Pleasant Iowa, this is where I have been transfered to. I really like it a lot so far but we don't speak much Spanish here. But before I go into that let me tell you about the past 2 weeks. Back on the last Monday in March we taught this lady named Rosie. We really actually wanted to teach her brother who when we taught him the week before was telling his sister about the first vision and remembered that Heavenly Father said "This is my beloved son, hear him" for parts of that lesson I felt like he was our member at the lesson. But sadly he was busy painting and so we taught her and then we had this strange experience with this 20 year oldish boy outside of her tralier who was telling us that you only had to repent one time for all of the sins that you've committed and will committ because Jesus only suffered one time on the cross. We felt kinda yuucky after we left him so we sung some hymns. We had one of the most amazin lessons with a man named Mario who happens to be the brother of one our members. The Sprit was really strong and he had so many really good questionsm, he told us he would have lots of questions the next time we came back. We taught our baptismal date some more (Francisco) Oh and he quite drinking coffee!!!!!!! On April Fools we made the other missionaries believe that we weren't doing any missionary work. (We really were though) We also watched a Catholic baptism on video from Mexico..then we invited them to one of our baptisms. I hope they come Oh, and the CONFERENCE!!!!! It was so awesome! After the morning session on Saturday we found out that were both being transfered and so I was really sad after that, which was a little strange because I was kinda expecting it. I was in Des Moines for 6 months after all. On Sunday morning I was thinking on the different ways that we can receive revelation. Especially as a missionary I feel like I should be receiving all of this revelation but I guess I just haven't realized that I am, little by little, like a sunrise. I also really enjoyed the talks about desires. (Especially since it's so stinkin hard for me to wake up in the morning and I've got to overcome my desire to sleep) I also enjoyed the talk about the "being" and "doing" I can't rememeber who gave it but I enjoyed it a lot! For the rest of the week we said goodbye to everyone and it was sad! Especially with Esmerelda. She's like my best friend. I love her so much and we shed a few tears together. I cut some members hair this week. Hermana Crespo's and her kids. Debbie and Kevin and Hermana Tristan's.
Then we packed up all of our stuff and now I'm in Mt. Pleasant with Hermana Draney. She's the MTC companion of my greenie that I've been training these past 2 transfers, Hermana Rials. Hermana Draney grew up in Kansas and now her parents live in Wyoming. She's so stinkin awesome!!! We've been enjoying this weather a lot!!! We have a car but we don't have very many miles we can use so we're glad for this good weather cause we've been walking around a LOT in it! We had a church tour with the youth in ur branch last night and it was so awesome. I'll tell you more about it next week cause I'm outta time. I love you all!
Hermana Hepworth

No comments:

Post a Comment