Sunday, June 19, 2011

Updates

June 10, 2011
Hey it's me again! I wanted to tell you a little about some of the experiences we've been having. We usually go eat at this restaurant for lunch on Wednesday called Little Mexico and it's owned by a less active member. Usually we do service afterwards, we've usually grated a giant mountain of cheese. We want to teach all of the workers there!!! But this last Wednesday she didn't want us to help but that was okay because on the way walking back to our apartment we met this guy sitting in the park named Edgar and we sat down and taught him right there. Hispanics are just cool like that! I read this quote in conference in Elder Nelson's talk. He quotes President Monson "Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith." I really liked that!!!
Gabriel is a 9 year old we are teaching in Carthage. He remembers a lot that we teach him! His parents are members but less active and he's at his grandpas house every weekend so we teach him there. His grandpa is active. His grandpa reminds me a lot of Clarence. We tried to sneak attack mow the lawn of a less active but they caught us and the mower died yesterday.
We had fast and testimony meeting and the spirit was realy stron there! Sister Sanchez (whom I love with all my heart!!!) tried to bear her testimony in English and I didn't really understand most of it. All I remember is that the spirit was so strong and she crossed the language barriers for those who couldn't understand.
Oh, I forgot to tell you that when we were teaching Gabriel we asked him what lawyers did and he said "Make millions!" It was pretty funny. On that note I gotta go
Love Ya
Hermana Hepworth

No comments:

Post a Comment