Sunday, June 19, 2011

This is an email about food :)

May 23, 2011
I honestly can't believe it but I have almost reached my year mark! May 26 marks the day, ooh, I feel like it's my birthday or something! We have been eating at this restaurant owned by a less active woman every week. It's called Little Mexico and it's so good!!! She's actually NOT from Mexico but Guatemala. We went to her house afterwards and were about to help her with her garden. The Laroses took us out to a restaurant to eat and we had fried pickles..it sounds weird but SOOOOOO good!!! They're from North Carolina and so they LOVE fried foods. They have fried peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before. They said they'd make us some one day. Sister Larose also made this dip called Chicken Lip Dip. Sounds weird but it is so tasty! We also went to see this Vietnamese lady and she gave us eggrolls. She wrapped them in lettuce and we dipped them in this sauce. I've learned from past experiences NOT to ask what things are, Just eat it, if you like it you can ask what it is so you can eat it again, that that's the rule. I think after we had eaten the eggrolls her daughter told us the soup stuff was fish oil. Yep, I wouldn't have eaten that if I knew what it was! Her name is NAHN! and she doesn't speak any English, her daughter Anh translates for us. We invited her to church and a miracle happened..she came!!! Lots of people tell you they will but they never actually do. We heard somebody in the hall during the Sacrament speaking Vietamese and we got so excited! NAHN! She didn't bring her oldest daughter so she didn't understand anything. We were praying the whole time for her to please feel the Spirit!
Hermana Rojas' husband has been living in Peru for the past 5 years waiting for him to be living in the US legally. He finally arrived last week and we taught them the Doctrine of Christ. The Spirit was so strong in their home and we're so happy that they can finally live together as a family!
Not much new. I'm starting to really love Mt. Pleasant! The people (especially the Hispanics!) the member, and investigators, I have the best job in the world!!!
Hermana Hepworth

No comments:

Post a Comment